Saturday, January 15, 2011

EXCLUSIVE FEATURE WITH PIRET JURISE BETTEN

Jurise Piret Betten

Urban vixenz blogzine features Piret Jurise Betten, This beauty is from Russia and now lives in Naples, Florida. Jurise is a clothing designer, she started out with making crochet bikinis for models and photographers to use. Her styles are original, fun, outgoing and flirtatious; its a mix of American girly and flirty and European womanly and sophisticated sexiness. Jurise is currently the C.E.O of Piret Collections consisting of bikinis and swimwear, she is currently venturing into the fabric business side of it. Jurise's designs have been featured in Girls of Lowrider, open your eyes (cover), the scene (cover) and a few 2011 calendars for her fabric collection and featured in Bikini Destination (TV show). We caught up with her and had some Q&A session with her and here is what she had to say....

glamour models

UVB: Tell us a little about you? And your passion for fashion?

Piret: I’m originally from Estonia. Have been living in Naples Florida now for about 5 years. Fashion design has been part of my life forever. I think it’s genetic -one of my aunts is a costume designer for movies in Russia. A lot of my family members are artistic.

UVB: Are you a self taught clothing designer?

Piret: I would say semi self taught. In Estonian high schools it is mandatory in homestead classes to learn sewing, crochet and knitting. That’s where I got my first skills. I was participating in all kind of craft groups. And after high school I went to industry school to learn sewing. When I was in high school I designed a lot of my clothes, and my friend’s grandmother sew them for me.Last two years I taught myself all the business side of fashion and retail. Reading all the books about it. A lot of it you have to experience to learn.

UVB: When did you realize you wanted to become a clothing designer?

Piret: I have been designing since i remember myself. I have always wanted to become a clothing designer, I don’t even remember from what age.When I was about ten years old, I was making paper dolls for neighborhood kids- the doll with ten clothing items was a dollar and any additional clothing was ten cents a piece. Made some pocket money. I made my first bikini when I was sixteen.

UVB: How long have you worked as a designer?

Piret: Officially just a year. I consider myself a beginner. I view designing and working as a designer completely separate- I have been designing all my life, but working as a designer it's just my second year.

bikini models

UVB: What do you do when you're not creating clothing?

Piret: Enjoying life!

UVB: Who is/are your favorite designer(s) you admire most and why?

Piret: Diane Von Furstenberg , Vivienne Westwood, Betsey Johnson, Coco Chanel- mostly because there is unique personality behind their designs. From bikini designers- Ashley Paige, for the same reason. There is a lot of good designers all over the world. It keep’s the industry interesting that there is so many different styles.

UVB: What got you into Swimwear design?

Piret: Living in Florida, love of summer and sunshine. I could easily wear a bikini 24/7.


UVB: What inspires you? Where do you get your design inspirations from?

Piret: From everything and everywhere. Lot of times I daydream my designs. It may be some item that i see- a flower, furniture, building. It could be a person, and I will try to imagine something that would flatter her personally. Or it can be just fabric that I like. World is full of inspiration.

UVB: How long does it usually take you to construct a piece?

Piret: It all depends on the design and material. Crochet designs, if it's a new design that I’m working on, not less than five days. Some designs stay on the paper for few years, before I feel that its time to make them.

bikini models images

UVB: What matters to you most when constructing a piece?

Piret: That it would flatter the body of the person who would be wearing it.


UVB: What’s your favorite part about conceptualizing a design?

Piret: Seeing the final garment on person.


UVB: Tell us more about Piret Collection? How would you describe your own work and aesthetic?

Piret:My designs are for women and girls who want to stand out, who want everyone’s eyes on them. Vain people. If you wearing a bikini that is flattering for you body, you feel confident, and confident is sexy!

UVB: Who is one of your favorite models you have worked with?

Piret: The model I have worked most with is Michelle Baker. Her body is amazing- she is keeping fit with yoga and running. We first met when she contacted me to use my suits in HGTV show Bikini Destinations.

UVB: Which models would you love wearing your designs? How do you select your models?

Piret: I want all the girls to wear my designs. I choose my models not just by the look, but also by personality, If the girl is not nice to work with, I’m not going to bother either. Different designs require different models.

bikini models photo gallery

UVB: What are your most memorable career highlights?

Pirets:I think most of it is still ahead, there is few projects that I’m working on for next year. I think next year is going to be a breakthrough for me.

UVB: What projects are you currently working on?

Piret: I’m making a full fabric collection, that I want to present in the beginning of next year. I’m doing collaboration with few magazines.

UVB: What does it take to be successful in this industry? What are your advice for up and coming clothing designers?

Piret: Not to give up. Surround yourself with industry people. To break through you have to learn a business side of the fashion industry as well. Get the design from imagination to the store for the customer is a long process. If you young, it is definitely worth to go to designs school. If you want to be self taught- I would suggest you read a lot of industry books as well.

UVB: Where can the readers buy your clothes? And where can you be found online?

Piret: Right now just online on my site (http://piretcollection.com). Next year I’m starting to look for stores to present my
collection as well. That would be already a fabric collection. You can also find me on my facebook and twitter.

UVB: Final word to fans?

Piret: -Nr one bikini rule- WEAR SUNSCREEN!!! Once you ruin your skin with sunburn, it will be really hard to heal it.
Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On   Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This   Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This   Post
  • Share On   Reddit
  • Share On   LinkedIn

0 comments:

Post a Comment